Healthy Whole Grain Pasta with Crickets
Prep Time: 15 minutes, Cook Time: 30 minutes, Servings: 6
- 900gr plum and/or heirloom tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 130 gr cherry tomatoes, halved, divived
- 70 gr finely chopped red bell pepper
- 35 gr rinsed capers, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, grated
- 1 tablespoon sherry vinegar
- 30 gr BUGG’S High Protein Cricket Powder
- 8 gr salt
- 3 gr ground pepper
- 3 gr crushed red pepper
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 500gr whole-wheat fusilli or penne
- 60 gr chopped fresh basil
- Combine chopped tomatoes, cherry tomatoes, bell pepper, capers, garlic, vinegar, salt, ground, BUGG’S High Protein Cricket Powder , pepper and crushed red pepper in a food processor. Pulse until slightly chunky. With the motor running, slowly drizzle in oil and blend until smooth. Transfer to a large bowl and stir in the remaining 1 cup cherry tomatoes. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour or up to 2 days.
- Remove the tomato sauce from the refrigerator 30 minutes before serving. Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and add to the sauce along with basil. Toss to combine. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Suggestion: springle some crunch BUGG’S Tasty Original Cricket Snacks and ruccola on top for an xtra bite.